Organic Witch Hazel Extract
Contains: 250 ml
This witch hazel extract has been double distilled and contains 86% witch hazel extract and only 14% alcohol. This makes it more soothing than the version found in your local store and lacks the alcohol sting and scent.
Witch Hazel extract is a wonderful ingredient for use in cosmetic and medicinal preparations. It is gentle enough to be used alone, or it may be combined with other ingredients or herbs. Witch Hazel extract is distilled from the twigs and bark of the Witch Hazel tree (Hamamelis virginiana).
Benefits of Witch hazel
1) Witch hazel contains many compounds with anti-inflammatory properties, which may have far-reaching benefits for your health.
2) Witch hazel may help reduce skin redness and provide relief for irritated and sensitive skin.
3) Witch hazel is often used to reduce the itching, redness, pain, bleeding, and swelling associated with hemorrhoids. More studies are needed to evaluate their effectiveness.
4) Witch hazel acts as an astringent to help shrink your pores, soothe your skin, and reduce inflammation. More research is needed to determine the effects of witch hazel itself on acne.
5) Witch hazel may help reduce scalp irritation and inflammation. It’s also sometimes used for treating dandruff and dryness, though more studies are needed to evaluate its effectiveness for these conditions.
Witch hazel can be safely applied to your skin several times per day, and small amounts can be ingested orally with minimal risk of side effects.
Not for internal use.