Organic Japan Green Matcha Powder
From: Kyoto, Japan
Matcha is a finely ground powder of specially grown and processed green tea leaves. Used for drinking as tea or as an ingredient in recipes. Matcha is unique to Japan. It is the heart of the Japanese way of tea and has been celebrated in the traditional Japanese tea ceremony for hundreds of years. Our Green Matcha powder is specially arranged and imported directly from the tea plants in Japan. Use for tea ceremonies, blend it in your favorite drinks, lattes, smoothies, milk, and, of course, it is good for baking & cooking.
1. Weight Loss – Green tea increases the metabolism. The polyphenol found in green tea works to intensify levels of fat oxidation and the rate at which your body turns food into calories.
2. Diabetes – Green tea apparently helps regulate glucose levels slowing the rise of blood sugar after eating. This can prevent high insulin spikes and result in fat storage.
3. Heart Disease – Scientists think green tea works on the lining of blood vessels, helping keep them stay relaxed and better able to withstand changes in blood pressure. It may also protect against the formation of clots, which are the primary cause of heart attacks.
4. Esophageal Cancer – It can reduce the risk of esophageal cancer, but it is also widely thought to kill cancer cells in general without damaging the healthy tissue around them.
5. Cholesterol – Green tea reduces bad cholesterol in the blood and improves the ratio of good cholesterol to bad cholesterol.
6. Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s – It is said to delay the deterioration caused by Alzheimer’s and Parkinsons’. Studies carried out on mice showed that green tea protected brain cells from dying and restored damaged brain cells.
7. Tooth Decay – Studies suggest that the chemical antioxidant catechin in tea can destroy bacteria and viruses that cause throat infections, dental caries, and other dental conditions
8. Blood Pressure – Regular consumption of green tea is thought to reduce the risk of high blood pressure.
9. Depression – Theanine is an amino acid naturally found in tea leaves. It is this substance that is thought to provide a relaxing and tranquilizing effect and be a great benefit to tea drinkers.
10. Anti-viral and Anti-bacterial – Tea catechins are strong antibacterial and antiviral agents that make them effective for treating everything from influenza to cancer. In some studies, green tea has been shown to inhibit the spread of many diseases.
11. Skincare – Green tea can apparently also help with wrinkles and the signs of aging, This is because of their antioxidant and anti-inflammatory activities. Both animal and human studies have demonstrated that green tea applied topically can reduce sun damage.
Precaution: There is caffeine in green tea. If you are sensitive to caffeine. Green tea also contains tannins which can decrease the absorption of iron and folic acid.