Organic Catnip Flowers and Leaves
Botanical Name: Nepeta Cataria
1. Reduce anxiety and nervousness: Catnip tea’s biggest health benefit is the calming effect that it can have on the body. Catnip contains nepetalactone, which is found in a commonly used herbal sedative, valerian. This can improve relaxation, which may boost mood and reduce anxiety, restlessness, and nervousness.
2. Improve digestive issues: Catnip features calming properties, helping to remove air stuck in the intestines by speeding up the process of expelling it out of the body. This allows your body to regulates the production of bile and gastric juice secretion thereby keeping your digestive system healthy.
3. Treat fever/colds: Catnip is a diaphoretic herb, meaning it can induce perspiration while maintaining body temperature.
4. Accelerate healing of wound and burns: Catnip contains antiseptic properties, which help in healing infected tissues. It also contains a high level of tannins, which speed-up the process of tissue repair and slow down hemorrhages from cuts and grazes.
5. Good for weight loss: Catnip helps accelerate perspiration. Perspiration helps to get rid of toxins and excess water from the body. Most weight loss diet plans have this ingredient due to its diaphoretic nature.
Avoid: Do not use it during pregnancy or for people suffering from liver or kidney disorders, the use of catnip may be risky, particularly if you are regularly consuming the tea.