Burdock Root Powder
Botanical Name: Arctium Lappa
1. Prevention and treatment of cancer: Burdock root contains the antioxidants quercetin and luteolin, which have properties that may prevent cancer cells from growing and mutating.
2. Soothing a cough and cold: Burdock root has traditionally been used as a decongestant and expectorant for colds and cough. While science is limited on this, burdock does contain vitamin C, which is shown to boost the immune system.
3. Improving liver health: Burdock root has been used to detoxify the liver and body for centuries.
4. Easing aches and pains: The burdock plant is believed to have anti-inflammatory properties.
5. Reducing blood pressure: Burdock root tea contains potassium, which may help to lower blood pressure and open blood vessels to improve blood flow.
6. Reducing wrinkles: Burdock root contains antioxidants quercetin, luteolin, and phenolic acids, which fight free radicals and combat the signs of aging.
7. Improving hair: Phytosterols in burdock root are believed to boost scalp and hair health, relieve dandruff, and improve hair follicles to prevent hair loss and improve thickness.
8. Eliminating excess water weight: Burdock root is used in traditional Chinese medicine as a diuretic to promote urination and sweating.
Avoid: Do not take it when you are dehydrated.