Organic Bay Leaves
Botanical Name: Laurus nobilis
1. Good for diabetes management: It maybe can lower sugar levels and be effective in dealing with type 2 diabetes. Along with that, it can also reduce bad cholesterol levels.
2. Improves digestion: Bay leaves may have an impact on the gastrointestinal system by preventing gastric damage and promoting urination. This helps release toxins in the body and aids in the health of the kidneys. Furthermore, the organic compounds found in bay leaves are very effective in helping with an upset stomach, soothing irritable bowel syndrome or even making it easy to digest food
3. Fights against fungal infections: Bay leaf has been shown to provide antifungal properties, which can combat fungal conditions. These properties along with its vitamin C content can protect the skin from any kind of infection and irritation.
4. Can control inflammation: Bay leaf contains sesquiterpene lactones, which are known to fight inflammation by inhibiting the production of nitric oxide, which is one of the causes of inflammation.
5. Protects heart health: The heart tends to perform better due to rutin and caffeic acid, both of which are found in bay leaves. These properties can strengthen the heart’s capillary walls and help in lowering bad cholesterol levels.
Avoid: Large amounts of bay leaf might cause sleepiness and slowed breathing. Some medications, called sedatives, can also cause sleepiness and slowed breathing.