Organic Artichoke Leaves
Botanical Name: Cynara scolymus
1. Loaded With Nutrients: Artichokes are low in fat while rich in fiber, vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. Particularly high in folate and vitamins C and K, they also supply important minerals, such as magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, and iron.
2. May Lower ‘Bad’ LDL Cholesterol and Increase ‘Good’ HDL Cholesterol: Artichoke extract affects cholesterol in two primary ways. First, artichokes contain luteolin, an antioxidant that prevents cholesterol formation. Second, artichoke leaf extract encourages your body to process cholesterol more efficiently, leading to lower overall levels.
3. May Help Regulate Blood Pressure: Artichokes are a good source of potassium, which helps regulate blood pressure.
4. May Improve Liver Health: Regular consumption of artichoke extract may help protect your liver from damage and help relieve symptoms of non-alcoholic fatty liver disease. However, more research is needed.
5. May Improve Digestive Health:
Artichokes are a great source of fiber, which can help keep your digestive system healthy by promoting friendly gut bacteria, reducing your risk of certain bowel cancers, and alleviating constipation and diarrhea. Artichokes contain inulin, a type of fiber that acts as a prebiotic.
Avoid: No known precautions. We recommend that you consult with a qualified healthcare practitioner before using herbal products, particularly if you are pregnant, nursing, or on any medications.