Tulsi (Holy Basil) Krishna
Botanical Name: Ocimum Tenuiflorum
1. Relieve stress/anxiety: Holy basil is shown to decrease the number of stress hormones, due to its rich phytochemical content.
2. Promotes oral health: Holy basil contains phytochemical contents that combat oral bacteria and relieve the pain caused by toothache. It also has antibacterial agents that are effective in treating common oral infections.
3. Promote respiratory health: Holy basil contains camphene, eugenol, and cineole which help to relieve congestion and provide relief from the symptoms of many other respiratory disorders.
4. Energizes your body: Holy basil is rich in antioxidants and it helps the body to detox. This can protect your body against toxic chemicals, which makes you tired.
5. Treat kidney stones: Holy basil drink is efficient in treating the renal calculi and additionally helps in breaking up of the stone within the kidney.
6. Boost immune system: Holy basil has properties that is very beneficial in boosting the immune system. It improves immunity by promoting the production of antibodies, and fight against any foreign invasion into the body.
Avoid: Do not use it during pregnancy. Do not use it if you have low blood sugar.