Organic Thyme Leaves
Botanical Name: Thymus Vulgaris
1. Promotes respiratory health: Thyme leaves are rich in phenols such as thymol and carvacrol which are powerfully anti-spasmodic, making them potent cough suppressants. The antibacterial and expectorant qualities of thyme thin the mucus that the cough is trying to expel, whilst gently healing and soothing the bronchial tract.
2. Treat sore throat: Thyme leaves have powerful antimicrobials contents (carvacrol), this helps to fight against many of the different bacteria that can cause sore throat.
3. Heal wound: Thyme leaves have antiseptic compounds like thymol and camphene, which helps to guard wounds against infections and speed up healing.
4. Promote digestive health: Thyme leaves helps to prevent the formation of gas in the gastrointestinal tract and support the removal of excess gasses which helps to combat flatulence. The antispasmodic action of this herb can also relieve intestinal cramping and reduce bloating from malabsorption.
5. Diuretic agent: Thyme leaves acts as a natural diuretic. This helps to flush out the toxic waste products from the body.
Avoid: Do not use it during pregnancy.