Botanical Name: Carthamus Tinctorius
1. Control blood sugar level: Safflower tea can control the body’s blood sugar levels. This can benefit those who are pre-diabetic or have other blood sugar health issues.
2. Relaxation: Safflower is helpful for those with anxiety, stress, or other mental conditions. Safflower tea releases essential oils and other properties that evoke a sense of calm and soothe frayed and tired nerves.
3. Treat acne: The anti-inflammatory properties help to calm and heal the skin, it also boosts skin regeneration, allowing spots, pimples, and scars to heal much faster.
4. Promote healthy heart: Safflower is full of linoleic acid, this acid contributes to reducing cholesterol in the body, which in turn, prevents heart disease.
5. Anti-inflammatory properties: Safflower has anti-inflammatory properties, and can help those suffering from chronic inflammation of the joints, such as arthritis or gout. This is because the tea contributes to flush toxins from the system, and indirectly stimulates the production of hydrochloric acid.
6. Detox: Safflower excellent for those wanting to detox their system as it acts as both a bladder cleanser and a mild laxative, flushing unwanted toxins from the body. It also raises levels of perspiration, which not only rids the body of toxins but helps to reduce fever.
Avoid: Do not use it during pregnancy.