Organic Hibiscus Flower
Botanical Name: Hibiscus Sabdariffa
1. Lower Cholesterol: Hibiscus tea is rich in powerful antioxidants and may, therefore, help prevent damage and disease caused by the build-up of free radicals. It may reduce blood cholesterol and triglycerides in those with diabetes and metabolic syndrome. People who drank hibiscus tea experienced an increase in “good cholesterol” (high-density lipoproteins) and a decrease in “bad cholesterol” (low-density lipoproteins).
2. Lower blood pressure: One of the most impressive and well-known benefits of hibiscus tea is that it may lower blood pressure. Several studies have found that hibiscus tea may lower both systolic and diastolic blood pressure.
3. May help prevents cancer: Hibiscus is high in polyphenols, which are compounds that have been shown to possess powerful anti-cancer properties.
4. Boost liver health: studies have shown that hibiscus may promote liver health and help keep it working efficiently.
5. Aid digestion: Hibiscus tea has been shown to work as a natural diuretic, pulling salt out of the body which is a mechanism by which blood pressure is reduced. By pulling salt, it will help prevent constipation.
Avoid: Do not use it if you already have low blood pressure. Do not use it 2 weeks before a scheduled surgery.