Organic Gymnema Leaves
Botanical Name: Gymnema Sylvestre
1. Reduces Sugar Cravings by Making Sweet Foods Taste Less Appealing: One of the primary active components in this plant is gymnemic acid, which helps suppress sweetness. When consumed prior to sugary food or beverage, gymnemic acid blocks the sugar receptors on your taste buds.
2. May Contribute to Favourable Insulin Levels by Increasing Insulin Production: Gymnema’s role in insulin secretion and cell regeneration may also contribute to its blood-sugar-lowering capabilities. Higher insulin levels mean that sugar is cleared from your blood at a faster rate. Gymnema may stimulate insulin production in your pancreas, promoting the regeneration of insulin-producing islet cells. This can help lower your blood sugar levels.
3. Improves Cholesterol and Triglyceride Levels, Reducing Heart Disease Risk: Gymnema may help lower “bad” LDL cholesterol levels and triglycerides. While Gymnema gets its name from lowering blood sugar levels and reducing sugar cravings, research shows that it may also influence fat absorption and lipid levels.
4. May Aid Weight Loss: By blocking sweet receptors on your taste buds, Gymnema sylvestremay causes you to eat fewer sweet foods and consume fewer calories. A consistent calorie deficit can result in weight loss.
5. Helps Reduce Inflammation Due to Its Tannin and Saponin Content: Inflammation plays an important role in your body’s healing process. Some inflammation is good, such as when it helps protect your body from harmful organisms in cases of injury or infection. The ability of Gymnema sylvestreto to reduce sugar absorption in your intestines may also allow it to decrease inflammation caused by excess sugar intake.
Avoid: It enhances the blood-glucose-lowering effects, should be monitored closely.