Organic Elder Flower
Botanical Name: Sambucus Nigra
1. Vitamin C: Elderflower tea contains vitamin C, which is important for the health of your skin, blood vessels, tendons, and ligaments. They also protect the skin from harmful free radicals.
2. Powerful antioxidants: Elderflower tea contains quercetin, which is a flavonoid and it has powerful antioxidant properties. The detoxifying effects of the antioxidants found in elderflower tea can help to regenerate and repair cells by protecting your body from oxidative stress, which can lead to common chronic diseases.
3. Fights flue: The high content of vitamin C and the antiviral properties make elderflower tea a great option for fighting cold and keeping your body hydrated.
4. Helps reduce cholesterol: The flavonoid quercetin was found to reduce cholesterol levels in test tube studies. More research is needed to determine whether drinking elderflower tea improves cholesterol levels.
5. Diuretic: Another elderflower herbal tea benefit is the diuretic effect and also it may increase the effect of diuretics. This tea can also help increase urine production.
6. Mouthwash: Brewing a cup of elderflower tea can also make a great mouthwash due to its flavor and antiviral properties. Use this tea for gargling as it will help soothe coughs, colds, hoarseness (laryngitis).
7. Anti-inflammatory: Having anti-inflammatory properties, elderflower tea can be used topically on the skin for joint pain (rheumatism), pain and swelling (inflammation).
Avoid: Not to be taken with diabetes medication. Do not use it w weeks before a scheduled surgery.